MSD of Warren County
Elementary School Counselor
Duties and Responsibilities
MSD of Warren County is looking to expand the Elementary Counseling program by adding a second position. A Masters degree in School Counseling is required.
- Serve as liaison between home, school, and community agencies.
- Assist students and parents in assuming responsibilities for problem-solving.
- Collaborate with all staff members in promoting appropriate learning opportunities for students.
- Assist parents, teachers, and students in matters pertaining to student achievement or behavioral concerns.
- Assist in creating, changing, and maintaining PBIS procedures.
- Work with DCS for reporting.
- Collaborate with community and high school to become Gold Star Certified
- Aid in the identification of child or target groups of children needing preventative social services and subsequent development of preventative social services to meet the needs of a child or target group.
- Schedule and facilitate regular programming within classrooms (Good touch/bad touch, how to be friends, bullying prevention, etc.)
- Provide opportunities for parent education, support, and encouragement.
- Provide individual and/or group counseling to students and/or parents to provide appropriate learning opportunities for students.
- Train professional staff to use social/developmental information in a multi-disciplinary effort to determine the most appropriate educational placement of students.
- Produce a resource guide, which lists and describes appropriate medical and psychological services for students.
- Provide crisis intervention with students and families.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date data and records.
- Coordinate State Testing (ILEARN/IREAD3)
- Monitor ELL and WIDA testing
How to Apply
- Deadline to apply is April 3rd.