Any student planning on pursuing any type of education after high school will need to file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid - financial aid). This may be done online or by paper application. Those completing the form online will need to register for a pin (one for the parent and one for the student) by going to as soon as possible. The online FAFSA is available at . The government is no longer sending paper applications to the schools. People may obtain paper applications by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID or downloading a PDF of the FAFSA at

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

You may choose any of these three methods to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAGSA):

- Apply online at (recommended)    or

- Complete a PDF FAFSA (Note: PDF FAFSA must be mailed for processing)  or

- Request a paper FAFSA by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center  

At 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).